In this lesson, I will share with you the way I like to price my design work. The basic idea is that I prefer to charge per day than per hour, with the main rationalisations being that it is less likely to be scrutinised by clients and gives you much more financial flexibility.
In this lesson, we will cover:
- How to understand your earning potential as a designer.
- How to think about setting your first daily rate.
- Ways to increase your daily rate.
- Ways to expand your earning capacity.
- How to handle negotiations.
- How to incorporate flexibility if/when we over/underestimate tasks.
- I also answer common questions people ask about pricing.