An important part of both securing and completing any web design project is the proposal that you will create with your clients. The reason I use the word "with" is that it is important clients are involved in the planning of a project. Not only does this prepare you to do your best work, but it also helps you secure the project by building trust with the client. A well written proposal will also make it easier for you to formulate an acceptable quote for the project. This is because your project proposal is informed by the clients involvement from start to finish, and so the client is less likely to object to your quote.
In this lesson, we will cover:
- The overall structure of a winning proposal.
- The rationalisation of a winning proposal.
- The level of detail required in a proposal.
- How to use a proposal to formulate quote.
- How to solicit first payment.
- How to think about common objections.